Monday, June 18, 2007

Part hit, part run...

Everyone hears about hit and run accidents. They see it on TV, or a friend of a friend of a friend's pool cleaner got involved in a hit and run. Nobody ever thinks it'll happen to them. They happen in Boston or LA or Dallas or the ghetto, they don't happen in Denver.

Si, they do.

In fact they happen in the parking lot at the Bull and Bush right down in Cherry Creek (and apparently semi-frequently.) My dad is out for Father's day, my uncle is as well (since my roommate is my cousin.) So our dads are brothers. They fly out, we're having a fantastic time. Enjoying the weather and the sights and sounds of Denver and meeting people and eating too much food and going to sporting events and the mountains and everything. So we're at the Bull and Bush having dinner and some beers (PHENOMENAL create your own burger section on the menu, by the way,) when the waitress comes out and says, hey do any of you happen to drive a black Ford Focus?

Why yes I do, I say, expecting to hear that I left my lights on, or that she just happens to think people who drive Focuses (foci?) are sexy. Someone just hit your car, she informs me. So I hop up from my seat and speed-exit the patio in order to check things out. I'm fully ready to throw punches at this point.

I get out there, with my crew in tow, turns out someone backed up from a parking spot located behind my car, and to the passenger side, and put their right rear bumper corner into my door, along the entire length of the door. So, I need a new door. Hooray. It could've been worse, nobody was hurt, I wasn't driving it, it's not completely out commission, even if the door doesn't close properly. The waitress comes out and says "I have some good news." Excellent, hopefully they know who it is, and they're holding him in the tap room for me to punch repeatedly. Close. There were two witnesses who saw the whole thing happen and not only got the make of the car, but the license plate as well! Sweet! It was a black Jaguar that hit me, license plate # yada yada yada. Bartender gave me the info, passed from the other patron. Cops come, take statements, license plate does indeed go to a Jaguar, all is well.

So now I just need to get my car in the shop, get things taken care of post haste, and get my car back for next weekend (just in time for more friends to come out and visit all weekend.

This should be an interesting week...

No comments: