Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Timeline VJ Performance

For this project, the second in a series of three video pieces for my Digital Cinema class, I used both Sony Vegas and Resolume to create a timeline based digital video remix to sound. My attempt was to send certain messages by the visual imagery in the piece, but I ran into a problem where, quite simply, I had too much to say for the digital video vocabulary I posessed to be able to say anything effectively. It comes out repetitive, dull, and pedantic in a way that seems like I tried to hard but looks as if I didn't try at all. All video, images, and audio are used under Educational Fair Use, and the song is Canon in D (strings) by Johann Pachelbel.

The music serves as an antithetic to the reactions the visual imagery suggests, it also happens to be one of my favorite classical songs.





It moves way too fast, and the audio editing is horrible. If you promise never to watch this again, so will I.

No comments: