Saturday, July 14, 2007

What you think you know often has nothing to do with reality...

For some DUMBASS reason last night, after getting back from dinner and some bar action, I had a ridic amount of completely horrible dreams. Like...dreams about throwing up, dreams about Paris Hilton trying to have sex with me (directly preceded the throwing up dream, ironically enough.) Umm...I also had a dream about being a celebrity...this kind of goes along with the Paris Hilton thing. I was at a party all cool and hanging out with celebs and people wanted to talk to me...really random.

I guess it has something to do with the fact that I do the voice-over for a show called Rocky Mountain Golfer that airs out here in the west on Fox Sports Rocky Mountain. I just felt really cool, and I really enjoy that what started as an unpaid internship has turned into a full-time job that has some really cool perks, is a lot of fun, and I get to do voice talent stuff. What Mike Rowe is to Deadliest Catch, I am to Rocky Mountain Golfer. Except...not even close to as cool as he.

It's Saturday...and I have to fucking work at the restaurant tonight, and I am PISSED. Cannot fathom (aside from keeping my discount) why in the world I volunteer to give up my Saturday nights. Not only that, but when I originally asked for every other Saturday and they said no, I said I'd do every Saturday as long as they gave me a good shift. So that means a cocktail shift (come late, leave early) Open Dinner (start at 3, out by 9) or a Swing (start at 1, first cut at night around 8) So those shifts let me have some of my night free, while helping me to maximize my time and money. So I call yesterday to find out when indeed I do work, and it turns the fuck out that I had a meeting at 11 (no way in hell I'm attending) and I also have to work at 4:15, so what that means I'm a dinner single. Dinner Singles (only working a single shift all day) is the worst thing to be because you have to stay there forever. I will be there all night, and have no free time this evening. Not that I really had a lot going on, but I am ridiculously protective of my free time.

Okay, enough bitching. Shit has been great lately.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

~J

No comments: