Friday, April 4, 2008

Denver Open Media MIxers

To the DOM Community CD Swappers: Thanks!

Thanks for grabbing my mix tonight, April 4. An additional thank you for leaving your mix.

Some I've enjoyed thus far, some I've wondered what in the hell you were smoking when you made it -- but such is the beauty of mixing. Some of us mix sounds and burn it, some of us mix music, and burn it, some of us simply mix different songs on a disc, and burn that. Whatever it may be, we're entitled to our own delicious art.

Some notes about my mix: Yes it's mainstream-y. It's supposed to be that way. I wasn't feeling organic when I made it, so I stuck to things that were produced and quite literally ready to rock.

It starts heavy, slows a touch, gets bigger again then just sort of pulls you in a wagon slowly down a snow-covered road to the end -- soft and leisurely. I hope you find it enjoyable.

One last thanks for stopping by my blog. Digg it, stumble it, whatever you can do is appreciated. Read some posts and see what you think, it's just a little place I call cyber-home. Feel free to also check out an art-rambling blog about my new journey as an artists at justaddjason.wordpress.com.

Comments and emails are always appreciated.

Oh, and just in case all the track info doesn't come through, I've listed it here:

1. Slow Suicide by JamisonParker
2. The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows by Brand New
3. Sore Thumb by The Format
4. Come Pick Me Up by Ryan Adams
5. 0% Interest by Jason Mraz
6. So Much Trouble by Matt Pond PA
7. When I Get Home You're So Dead by Mayday Parade
8. Let's Get Fucked Up and Die by Motion City Soundtrack
9. Simple Song by Rustic Overtones
10. Left and Leaving by The Weakerthans
11. Brothers on a Hotel Bed by Death Cab for Cutie
12. Untitled 3 by Sigur Ros
13. The Trapeze Swinger by Iron and Wine
14. Jesus on the Radio by Guster


And I guess if you have no idea what I'm talking about but read this post anyway -- put this mix together, and tell me what you think. Email your comments to the email address listed in my blog profile.

best,

~J

No comments: