Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rock...Chalk....You're an idiot, Kansas

I'll admit it, I was rooting for Bill Self and his boys. Why? Not really sure. Maybe because this website I'm working on has some video clips with Bill Self in them. Other than that, I'm really not sure.

I've got a friend or two who went to Kansas, but that didn't really influence my rooting preferences. Let it be known here, however, that I had to try incredibly hard just to root for someone. I abhor college basketball. It's so amazingly boring.

In any event I'd just like to say: Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk? Really? That's it? That's the best you could do? Leave it to the fkn idiots in Kansas to come up with something as insanely stupid as "Rock Chalk Jayhawk."

Months ago a friend from Kansas excitedly regaled me with the tale of how "RCJ" came to be, with all the exuberance expected if we'd just landed on Mars. Apparently "Chalk" is a "Rock" prevalent in the ground of Kansas, and Jayhawk is of course the KU mascot.

Really Kansas? This is what you did? You were so excited to find not one but TWO!!! words that rhymed with Jayhawk you just had to make that your school chant?

Fucking morons.

Apparently the chant used to be "Rah Rah Jayhawk," according to Wikipedia, but an English professor suggested it be changed to "Rock Chalk Jayhawk."

Holy christ I've just discovered proof of evolution, albeit reverse evolution. You people in Kansas managed to make a bad cheer worse! You're all idiots.

Look, I've come up with some other fantastic cheers in the spirit of "Rock Chalk Jayhawk!"

*ahem*

Tree Pine BlackBears!
Mountains Rocky Pioneers!
Rafts Cubans Miami!
Mediocre Banal IUP!

Fkn Kansas. You're a bunch of idiots.


1 comment:

Jay Waxse said...

Oh hey dick!

Why bash on such a historic tradition? Coaches, players, fans and viewers are usually in awe of the amazing feeling from listening/witnessing ALL of Allen Fieldhouse chant "ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU"

ESPN analysts love it and so should you.

Try not to be such a hater,

Jayhawk fan